Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yet another salad?

You'll probably start to notice that I make a lot of salads. It's my go-to lunch. It's quick, easy, and delicious. There are a ton of variations on salads and playing with different ingredients keeps it interesting. Today's was a double meat day honoring my favorite: bacon. Mmmm... bacon.

Chicken & bacon salad. On mixed greens with portabella mushies, red peppers, zucchini, onion slivers, and avocado.


One trick: I grill 3 chicken breasts and a huge steak at the beginning of the week. After grilling, I cut them into salad sized pieces and put them in individual sized portions in the freezer. That way, when I want a quick lunch, I can make my salad, thaw out some chicken and it saves a TON of time. Plus, it travels well if you have to take lunch to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment