Friday, October 22, 2010

Blueberry soup?


While experimenting with paleo friendly foods to eat while sick, I discovered something fantastic. By doing nothing more than heating some frozen blueberries in the microwave and then smooshing them up a bit with my spoon, I created a sort of blueberry stew. I think if I put the mixture into a food processor or mashed the berries up more, the consistency would closely resemble tomato soup. Another option would be to heat them on the stove in a sauce pan. I think this would also create a smoother soup, or allow you to smoosh up the berries more. As it was, the process was quick and easy and the results were delicious. I highly recommend this tasty treat for a cold night.

The idea for this came from my mother and my Swedish upbringing. Yes, blåbärs soppa is something I grew up on. I haven't had any in years. This is an extremely paleo friendly version. On day, I'll have to get my hands on a box of the pre-made stuff and see if it is also paleo friendly. Nom. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment